Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing 23

I didn't think I'd actually get to thing 23! As a way to do what I'm supposed to do, I'll just answer the questions.
1. Favorite discovery or exercise: the pandora "radio" site. I love going to the site, putting in something I like, and hearing what else they think relates to it. I also like giving "thumbs up" or "down".
2. ...affected lifelong learning goals: This exercise forced me to learn about some things that I might not have encountered. I believe I know some more ways to research and to find other "learners" with similar ideas (or not so similar).
3. unexpected outcomes? I had a "holier-than-thou" attitude about blogs. I thought they were only written by people who liked to "spout" their opinions or who had too much time on their hands. I learned that there are those who use this medium to express pertinent ideas and some of them really care what some others might think about it! Some of the bloggers actually want to help and some actually want to learn!
4. do differently? For the most part, the experiences were sent up well, but some were difficult to accomplish right away. I wanted to learn in a "straighter line" but that's not how it happened.
5. Yes, I'd participate in another course like this.
6. This learning experience was "mind-opening" for me.
7. I've been checking out the other blogs and will continue to do so.
Am I really finished? No, because I'll continue to go back to some of the "things" and investigate further.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations on finishing! Be sure to let your fellow music teachers what you've learned and encourage them to take the plunge into 23 things! We can all help each other find other ways to do what we need to do.

VWB said...

How great that you found Things helpful to you. And it is great that you are going to help spread the "good word" about the value of blogs and people sharing knowledge!
Hope you will share your success stories that you have with your kids.
Congrats!