Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing 11

Cataloguing books is a valuable tool and it will be interesting to see if there are other people with a taste for funny murder mysteries. Changes will need to be made often because I learned years ago that I don't have enough room in my house for all of the books that I read. I try to sell to Half Price Books or donate to other locations fairly often. There are a few that I can't part with, however, so I'll try and get them catalogued. I'm trying to get the first 5 books to my blog, but it's taking me a while. That's the story of my tech life. I'll keep trying. This tool seems like it will be fun, but I can't see a use in my (elementary music) classroom.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Do you have picture books or others that illustrate some of the music topics you teach? I know my music tecaher has several books in her room and others we have in the library. If so, you could have them listed with their connction to music. This might help if you don't own the books but need to remember what you want to use each year!

musicislife said...

This is a good idea! I have dozens of music-related children's books in my classroom. This would also be a good way to share with other music teachers. Thanks.