Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing 16

My only previous experience with Wikipedia was having my university students use it as a source. After the first semester, I had to say that they couldn't use it because it's not so reliable. I wasn't aware of the other uses (being able to create a wiki for a particular purpose). This could be a solution to the difficulties of teacher committees meeting, maybe. It's so hard for busy teachers to get together (especially from far-flung district schools), so I'm going to try this. Also, there are several teachers teaching the university class I mentioned and we want to go toward standardizing certain aspects of the course. I see some good uses here. A personal use could be planning our next family reunion!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Isn't it great when the perfect tool shows up at the perfect time! I hope wikis work wonders for you!Let us know by blogging!